Sunday, April 5, 2009

I love the smell of Kool-Aid and Vinegar



...it smells like Victory.





I was looking for some Wool-Ease to make some Easter slippers and couldn't find any! None at Hobby Lobby; none at Wal-Mart; four meh colors at JoAnn. I bought the one most suitable for the giftee, a skein of white with sparkles.





Could I dye it? Wool-Ease is 80% acrylic, so I wasn't sure, but I did a test strip and sure enough, it took a good bit of color. I wanted to do something variegated, and went with blue, green, and yellow. Still a lot of white showing on the yarn, of course, but it's pretty! I did some pink lemonade, too, but don't have a good picture.

I still have Hancock Fabrics and Michaels to check--I'd like to have something with a bit of natural fiber for these slippers--who would have thought Wool-Ease is seasonal! Maybe spring colors are coming out?

No comments:

Post a Comment