Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stress Yarning

When I was buying my house I was so upset by the process I went to McAllister's and bought a baked potato and a sandwich, which if you know McAllister's you know how ridiculous that is, because the baked potatoes are as big as your head there and the sandwiches are not small. Before that I wouldn't have said I'm a stress eater but there you go.

Last week I was under some stress--good stress, but nothing to do with knitting--and my coping mechanism was to shop for yarn. I don't think this is a substitute for stress eating but just an additional tool for self-medication.

Prinicipally I was mooning over the Lion Brand Yarn catalog, over the recycled cotton and the Cotton Bamboo in their new studio line. I haven't seen the recycled cotton in real life, but I hope it will come out in the spring--Michaels has signs up saying spring yarns are coming, but I am fooled by the blooming daffodils into thinking spring is here now, so the yarns should be too. I did get the only two skeins of Red Heart Eco-Cotton (75% recycled) in town, in Midnight Marl, a delicious color, that I am using to make a shopping bag so I will fit in with the real knitters at Stitches South at the end of April. I made the bag 25% larger than the pattern called for and am about to run out of yarn...there's always the internets to get more (crossing fingers).

No comments:

Post a Comment