Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I Am A Bad Knitter

1) I don't know how to do cables yet (but it's this year's resolution).

2) I don't know how to do stranded colorwork (and so far I'm okay with that).

3) I don't have pink hair (so I'm not a knitgrrl).

4) I don't swoon over all things Celtic (especially harp music).

5) I don't hate big box store yarns (though Hobby Lobby scares me).

6) I don't want to spin my own yarn (but having fiber-fu is cool)

7) I don't collect sheepy tchotckes (they clash with my ceramic cats).

About a year ago I wanted to knit something smaller than a lap blanket, so the nice woman at my LYS put One-Skein Wonders in my hands, and from there I found Ravelry, collected a bucket o' stash, knitted Christmas presents...I'm not a good knitter, but every project I can see I'm getting better. Still don't want any harp music though.

No comments:

Post a Comment